Materials & Features
Bright ‘n Green has earned at rating of four out of four Green Globes and achieved the NYC Brownfield Partnership 2013 Green Building Award, NAHB Emerald certification, the Society of American Registered Architects New York Council Design Award of Excellence, EPA and OER certifications and the prestigious Green Site Award from the Mayor’s Office of Environmental Remediation. It is anticipated the building will additionally earn EPA Air and Water Sense Certification, ENERGY STAR, LEED Platinum, Fit NYC Center for Active Design Recognition, NYSERDA Low Energy Multi-family Certification, and Living Building Challenge Certification. Bright ‘n Green is also a candidate for European and American Passive House certifications.
Pelican High-Flow Estate Home Whole House Water Filters are the first stage in Bright ‘n Green’s water purification systems, cleaning all water in the building including water utilized for showers, dishwashers and clothes washers.
- • Significantly reduce chlorine, chloramines and/or particulate matter
- • Leaves in the beneficial minerals
- • Reduce bad tastes and odors present in water
- • Softer skin and hair
- • Shower and bathe in spring-like water
- • Better than bottled water from every tap
- • Requires NO electricity
- • Does not waste water
5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter Systems are the second step in Bright ‘n Green’s water purification systems.
- • Noise free operation
- • NSF certified 75 GPD Reverse Osmosis Membrane for superior performance
- • NSF certified steel storage tank – Flavor free
- • Luxury Faucet – No air gap. Noise free.
- • Automatic Shut-Off Valve.
- • Clear housing in 1st stage – monitor filter life easily
The abundant windows are composed of triple-glazed Krypton-filled solar thermal treated glass, installed inside double-sealed, air-tight insulated window frames and positioned to maximize natural light.
Utilizing 150 feet of 10-inch Geotube under the building to pre-cool air in summer or preheat it in the winter, air is then supplied to an Advantix Liquid Desiccant Unit that simultaneously scrubs and dehumidifies air prior to delivery of it to each apartment. Once dehumidified, air undergoes ionization, a process during which negative ions are released into the building’s fresh air supply to latch onto pollen, dust and other pollutants not caught in the initial scrubbing phase by the desiccant unit. As a result, ionized particles are larger and, therefore, easier to trap by MERV-10 filters inside the Energy Recovery Ventilators (ERV), developed by UltimateAir®. Located in the mechanical closet in each apartment, they eliminate dust and effectuate superior respiratory conditions. Each ERV affords residents their own controls for adjustable air- flow rates, with normal, vacation and party mode settings, as well as remote smartphone monitoring.
Bright ‘n Green’s superior air-tightness achieves a thermal resistance level of R70, far exceeding the current R30 industry baseline. Adding to its efficiency, the floor systems, developed by Earthbilt, are composed of reclaimed wood and have been placed on top of sound-deadening systems made from recycled rubber tires, alleviating both air and noise pollution.
- • Energy efficient design saves on water use and electricity
- • Super silent operation with a unique tri-phase motor
- • Smart combination of digital and dial controls ensures intuitive operation for users
- • Can wash up to 15 lbs. and dry up to 11 lbs. on select cycles
- • 10 wash cycles offer the proper care for all fabric types
- • Dryer is a non-vented condensing dryer
- • Ariston’s Estimated Energy Usage: 105 kWh/year
- • Designed and manufactured in Italy
- • Quietest in its class, quietest dishwasher brand
- • 24h Delay Start Timer lets you run your dishwasher at off-peak times
- • Water softener ensures optimally spot-free and shiny dishes
- • AquaStop® Plus 4-Part leak protection prevents water damage 24/7
- • RackMatic® offers 3 height levels, for 9 possible rack positions
- • Sanitize Option eliminates bacteria and enhances drying results
- • Dryer is a non-vented condensing dryer
- • 259 kwh/yr – Energy Star®
- • Exceeds ENERGY STAR Requirements for Water by 68%
- • EcoSense™ Reduces Energy Usage by up to 20%
- • Half Load Option for small loads
- • Estimated Energy Usage is 259 kWh/year
- • Designed and manufactured in Germany
- • The induction cooking zones heat faster while using less energy.
- • Induction power levels are quick to boil and efficient when simmering.
- • A cooler cooktop – A unique feature of the induction cooking zones is whether turned on or off, the cooking zones remain cooler than radiant type elements. Virtually no wasted heat is produced since the heat begins with the presence of cookware.
- • Easy cleanups – The cooler cooking zones make cleanup easier.
- • Spills resist sticking or burning so they wipe up easily.
- • Magnetic detector – The cooking zone has a sensor that automatically detects whether cookware is magnetic. This will reduce accidental “turn-ons.”
- • Pan size detection – The pan size recognition sensor automatically detects and adapts the induction cooking zones to the pan sizes in use for consistent, more even cooking.
- • More responsive – The induction cooking zones are more responsive than their electric or gas counterparts because only the pan heats. This type of cooking heats easier and will be just as responsive when reducing to a simmer.
- • Faster boiling with induction – more responsive than gas and electric ranges bringing water to a boil in less than 2 minutes.
- • Preheats in less than 6 minutes.
- • Single convection fan circulates hot air throughout the oven for faster and more even multi-rack baking.
- • Auto oven shut-off after six hours.
- • Foods may cook up to 25 to 30% faster, saving time and energy.
- • Recommended cooking method for baked goods such as cakes, biscuits, pastries, and bread.
- • Smudge-proof™ stainless steel resists fingerprints and smudges.
- • Speed Clean cycle that uses half the energy of normal cleaning cycles.
- • Effortless™ Temperature Probe with Auto Keep Warm.
- • Sabbath Mode (Star-K® Cert.)
- • Designed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
Kitchens have easy to clean, spring hinged custom-designed blond-wood cabinetry with state-of-the-art electric appliances, including super-efficient induction cook-tops.
Recycled, engineered composite stone from IceStone comprised of glass and shell.
Bathrooms have stainless-steel hardware and dual flush, low-flow toilets finished in porcelain tile with stone and shell tile accents.